There are many waterfalls in Indonesia specially in East Java. The most popular are Tumpak Sewu and Madakaripura Waterfalls. They are two different type of waterfalls, Tumpak Sewu or some called Coban Sewu, is a raw of waterfalls which come out from clift around the main waterfall. It looks so amazing that anyone who comes will take their pictures and It is located in Pronojiwo, Lumajang East Java. It is in the border with Malang area.
While Madakaripura waterfall has already been known as the second highest waterfall in Indonesia. It has about 200 m hight, and It is situated at 1000 m ASL (source wiki) and is closed to mount Bromo, only less than one hour drive. If you go to Mount Bromo from Surabaya, you will pass It.
In this tour package, we will invite you to visit these three amazing spots with duration of three days. It is a relaxing tour package, so you can enjoy the view without rash. The tour can be started from Surabaya or Malang. If we start from Surabaya, we will visit mount Bromo, Madakaripura and the last day is Tumpak Sewu waterfalls. But when we start the tour from Malang, we will visit Tumpak Sewu, and then continue to Bromo and Madakaripur waterfall.
Detail Itinerary :
Below are tour itinerary detail of Bromo Madakaripura Tumpak Sewu from Surabaya.
Day 1: Surabaya / Malang – Tourism Area of Mount Bromo
- Our team will pick you up at airport, station or hotel in Surabaya and drive to Sukapura district with duration of 3 hours driving.
- On the way to your hotel, we can stop by restoran or food stall to have a breakfast if you have just landed from flight. After having breakfast, we continue the tour to your hotel.
- Arrived at hotel, chek in and rest. Here is free program.
Day 2: Bromo Sunrise Tour – Madakaripura – Homestay in Lumajang
- Bromo Jeep Driver will Pick you up from hotel and continue towards Penanjakan 1/ Kingkong Hill/ Love Hill to see sunrise. It is usually heavy traffic to get Penanjakan 1 in peak season.
- Enjoy the view. After you have enjoyed the sunrise view, continue towards Bromo Crater with the Jeep. From Jeep parking area You can do Soft Trekking to get the crater,or rent a horse.
- After watching Bromo crater, continue to prairie Savanna or Teletubbies Hill and Whispering Sand. It is an optional spot you could visit. You could straight to your hotel or visit them.
- Afterwards, back to hotel for breakfast and packing up to continue the tour to Madakaripura waterfall.
- It will take 45 minutes from your hotel to Madakaripura. After arrived at Parking area, you will ride “ojek”, motorbike transport, to the waterfall gate. Then from the gate, you will walk along side the river to reach the waterfall.
- Enjoy the waterfall and the atmosphere there. After you have finished, back to your car and go straight to your hotel in Malang or homestay in Lumajang.
Day 3 : Tumpak Sewu tour – Drop Off
- In morning Your driver will take you to Sidomulyo village in Pronojiwo district Lumajang.
- Arrive at Tumpak Sewu parking area, walk down to waterfall point crossing river for 30 minutes. The trekking is slippery descending the clift or edge to reach the waterfall. you should be careful in this trek. there will be a guide to help you here.
- Enjoy the waterfall and take pictures. You can also visit Tetes cave near Tumpak Sewu.
- After you have satisfied with the waterfalls, back to homestay or hotel to have breakfast, packing and check out. Then we will take you towards Surabaya / Malang, and the program of mount Bromo Madakaripura Tumpak Sewu 3 Days is completed.
Facilities include :
- Private driver with English speaking
- Private AC (air conditioned) transportation from start until finish
- Transportation fuel, parking fee, toll fee
- Entrance fee for Mount Bromo, Madakaripura and Tumpak sewu waterfalls
- Private Jeep for Mount Bromo tour package (sunrise from highest peak and Mount Bromo Crater)
- Ojek Motorbaike Transport in Madakaripura
- Mineral drinks along your trip
- 1 Night Hotel included breakfast around Bromo
- 1 Night Hotel Included Breakfast in Malang or homestay in Lumajang
- Local guide
- Lunch and Dinner
- Travel Insurance
- Horse ride in Mount Bromo
- Personal expense
This is all the Tour Pacage detail. If you have anything to ask about the tour regarding the price and other tour options, please contact us.
Here are some other tour options: